Friday, July 31, 2009

Cranky Recruiter: Adobe Acrobat

When I am preparing my candidate dossiers for my clients, I do a lot of work on each resume. I reformat them, add information that may be missing and standardize the layout for easy reading. When any candidate sends in a resume, I save it to my database. And here's where the Cranky Recruiter shows her ugly face. I hate Adobe Acrobat resumes. I am not a technical writer or publisher, and I don't use Adobe Writer. When I get a .pdf resume, I have to save it as text to my database, and then reformat it when I prep the dossier. What came in looking great in .pdf looks awful as text, and then I have to recreate it. If anyone has some suggestions out there for saving it, please let me know. In the meantime, I encourage every job seeker out there to have a .doc format resume. If you want to do a .pdf one, send them both. It will help me out when I'm pushing to get a resume to a client.

Also, when I'm searching for resumes, .doc resumes come up first since I'm running MS Office. Text resumes come up when I'm doing a complete database search. So to get included in the first pass, give me a .doc resume.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Amy said...

Thanks Anonymous. Always appreciate comments about my writing!