- Bring a copy of your resume.
- Bring a list of references, present it if asked for.
- Dress appropriately. Clean and pressed clothes are always a safe bet.
- Avoid coffee right before your interview, but sipping a bit of water beforehand keeps you from getting dry mouth.
- Brush teeth before leaving home and check for spinach in your teeth before getting out of the car. Pop a breath mint for good luck!
- Tell yourself you are a winner. Check out this article on interviewing, attitude and luck: http://danariely.com/2013/02/16/ask-ariely-on-interviews-luck-and-the-canoe-test/
- And most importantly, get there early. 15 minutes is good. If you are there earlier, hang out nearby and drive into the business parking lot with 10 minutes to spare.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Every good scout knows to Be Prepared. It is just as important when you are set up for a face to face interview, so here's my quick 7 Point Checklist
7 Things I recommend to everyone when they are about to interview
That should do it. Now go in there, and knock them dead.