Monday, January 7, 2019
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
WineTalent is working with our client, Criveller California Corp, on a search for an Operations Manager to handle the oversight of the business operations in Healdsburg, CA. Criveller California Corp is an industry leader and supplier of tanks and equipment to the wine, beer, cider, olive oil and spirits industries. The Operations Manager performs a senior role in the Company. This involves overseeing the production of goods and provisioning of services. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the efficient operation of the organization and meeting the expectations of management, business owners, employees, vendors and customers.
· Manage overall operations and be responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established.
· Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
· Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
· Oversee business practices to create the highest level of efficiency possible. Daily liaison with other managers and staff.
· Oversee inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout.
· Develop operational systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping.
· Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace.
· Manage relationships with key operations vendors.
· Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
· Resolve customer issues.
· Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
· Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings.
· Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of the inventory and ensure effective utilization of the inventory, and maintenance of solid inventory data.
· Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations.
· Interviewing, recruiting, and hiring of new employees.
· Training and coaching of new and existing employees.
· Scheduling, assigning and directing work.
· Managing the performance review process.
· Oversight of payroll.
· Oversight of compensation plans, with changes made as warranted.
· Ensure safe work environment for employees.
· Maintain compliance with all state and federal regulations.
· Establish, explain and enforce company policies and procedures.
· Oversight of healthcare, 401(k) and any other employer sponsored benefit plans.
· Monitor computer/phone access of employees: access to local server, access to programs, all passwords used by employees
· Overseeing day to day operations in collaboration with bookkeeper, accounts payable/accounts receivable.
· Reconciliation of accounts, general ledgers.
· Proper reporting of sales and other taxes.
· Correct costing of items.
· Approving payments to vendors, signing checks.
· Administrator for QuickBooks accounting system.
· Oversight of any and all possible legal situations that might arise during the regular course of business, assessing company exposure to situations and advising owners.
· Management of raw materials, ordering of products and parts, and maintaining inventory numbering system.
· Cost of goods allocation.
· Places orders with European suppliers and oversees importation of equipment, including the organization of shipping container.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
· 8-10 years of relevant work experience with management experience.
· Foreign language skills highly desirable (Italian, French, German, Spanish).
· Well versed in managing a complex business operation.
· Personnel management experience of a diverse workforce including hourly skilled trade, office administrators and salespeople.
· Excellent understanding of accounting practices especially in a manufacturing environment.
· High level of business acumen and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and QuickBooks.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- 3 plus years of work experience in a manufacturing setting.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast paced, quickly changing work place.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, plus annual bonus based upon performance
To apply: Please visit https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/966325002/
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job