Tuesday, July 24, 2018
All Inquiries will be kept strictly confidential
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job
Thursday, July 5, 2018
Long Meadow Ranch is a family-owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods.
Long Meadow Ranch’s restaurant at Farmstead showcases the seasonal, ingredient-driven American farmhouse cooking of executive chef Stephen Barber. Housed in a former nursery barn, our 110-seat restaurant features an authentic farm-to-table menu. The ingredients are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch’s award-winning wines, handcrafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Long Meadow Ranch has an exciting opportunity for a Restaurant Service Manager to manage the delivery of a consistent, customer focused experience. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Restaurant Manager will provide staff training and coaching to reach operational excellence. Actively involved on the restaurant floor, the Restaurant Manager will provide oversight of the staff and will address customer service issues. This role will also manage the day-to-day operations of the restaurant including ordering product and optimizing profits.
- Actively engage in service for the majority of working hours. Directly perform hands-on work on an ongoing basis to manage employee performance, provide feedback and coaching, and otherwise role model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. Lead by example and maintain a strong floor presence. Support staff throughout the day- get your hands dirty.
- Maintain procedures and standards for team service. Correct and coach employees as needed.
- Ensure positive guest experience in all areas. Respond promptly to complaints and take action to resolve guest issues. Maintain guest satisfaction by monitoring and auditing food, beverage and service offerings.
- Build relationships with preferred patrons, recognize special occasions and PX guests.
- Ensure that all food safety, food quality standards, workplace safety standards, customer service standards and company policies are met. Comply with all Department of Environmental Health food safety regulations.
- Maintain a facility that is safe, secure and healthy as well as consistently “inspection ready” in all areas including front of house and back of house. Following systems established by the General Manager, maintain facilities as needed including mechanical systems, equipment, operation of lights, music and decor.
- Maintain standard operating procedures as established by the General Manager.
- Under the supervision of the General Manager, manage the recruitment, selection, training, counseling and discipline of front of house staff. Maintain written documentation of discipline on company templates.
- Lead daily pre-shift meetings and communicate menu features, service points and beverage training. Develop weekly focus topics for service points.
- Open and close the restaurant as needed. Support the management team when someone on the team is out on leave or sick.
- Keep the General Manager fully informed of all issues and take prompt corrective action when necessary or suggest alternate courses of action.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative, positive and respectful workplace culture.
- Collaborate with the General Manager to develop an effective plan for training including food & wine education, one-on-one training, communication of company standards & policies and Long Meadow Ranch brand training.
- Conduct regular staff performance reviews and provide growth opportunities.
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by helping to analyze variances; initiate corrective actions; develop and implement strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Order restaurant supplies as needed including coffee, tea, guest supplies, menu paper. Approve and code invoices per company standards and policies.
- Be responsible for all cash handling, banking and accounting procedures including end of day reconciliation and tip cash out systems.
- Follow up on credit card charge inquiries.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 5 years of management experience in a fast paced restaurant.
- Proven experience managing and coaching service staff in a fast paced restaurant setting.
- Strong organizational and communication skills to manage staff, interact with management and resolve customer service issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record.
- A pre-employment background check is required.
- Able to lift 40+ lbs.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).