Monday, August 13, 2012

Where's WineTalent: Europe 2012


Trains, buses and foot to get back up north.  Now stopping in a great city that was the bishop's residence and where Napolean visited with a coach of 8 horses.  Although quite the impressive sight, the bigger,wider coach was not able to turn around in front of the residence--always a bummer!  Luckily I was able to easily manuever the streets and find Ratskeller to enjoy some nice white wine.  The roads getting here and back are quite romantic, with beautiful views of vineyards and stops at wineries. 
Having been here 20 years ago, I still remember the great pretzels they make here.  Unfortunately for me and my son, it was Sunday and this bakery was closed.  We had to settle on pretzels from the corner cafe.  Or should I say brezels! 

No comments: