Partnerships & Contracts
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
WineTalent Classifieds: Vice President of Finance in St. Helena, CA
WineTalent is working with our client, Long Meadow Ranch, on a Vice President of Finance role.
Long Meadow Ranch (LMR) is a family-owned and -operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible and that employs diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. LMR produces award-winning wines, hand-crafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef and lamb, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
LMR has farming operations in Northern California on more than 2500 acres in Napa, Marin, Mendocino, and Humboldt counties, including three winegrowing estates in the Mayacamas Mountains, Rutherford, and Anderson Valley. Long Meadow Ranch also operates a sustainable food, wine, and agricultural education destination located in St. Helena, CA, which is anchored by the distinctive farm-to-table restaurant, Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. New projects are being developed on multiple LMR-owned properties, including winery production facilities, agricultural improvements (major vineyard re-plantings, water systems, livestock handling facilities, etc.), and guest lodging
LMR has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Finance to contribute to the overall success of LMR by effectively managing the financial affairs of one of its key vertically integrated wine entities, LMR Wine Estates LLC. The Vice President of Finance will be a member of the executive team. The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for all financial reporting for LMR Wine Estates and will also be accountable for analyzing the current business and planning for future business needs. The Vice President of Finance will provide high quality financial planning and analysis, including providing detailed financial modeling for established and potential projects.
The Vice President of Finance serves in a core leadership role and is responsible for driving both the strategic and hands-on execution of financial planning & accounting, financial & managerial reporting, investor relations, partnerships & contracts. This position requires excellent verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills and a commitment to integrity.
This position reports directly to the COO & Executive Vice President. Direct reports include Accounting Manager and Wholesale Customer Service & DTC Sales Coordinator.
Financial Planning & Accounting
● Direct all accounting, budgeting, forecasting, finance, and cash management functions of the Company
● Establish and implement next generation financial accounting systems, controls, and measurement systems to assure fiscal integrity as well as accurate and timely financial and management reporting
● Formalize and document accounting and finance standard operating processes (SOPs) to ensure accurate and timely data synthesis
● Manage the annual budget and strategic business planning processes, working closely with the CEO & President, COO & Executive Vice President, and key operating managers
● Manage relationship with accounting firm; oversee and direct all tax-related activities
● Assure compliance with state, federal, and general accounting and regulatory guidelines
● Maintain solid banking relationships
● Direct ongoing analysis of Company’s capital requirements to ensure appropriate capitalization and availability of funds
● Manage entity reporting required by Company investors
● Maintain all Company financing and capitalization documents, including details related to stock ownership rights, limited partnership interests, warrants and options.
Financial & Managerial Reporting and Analysis
● Develop and deliver timely, accurate, and effective analysis and reporting of financial and operational performance to the key operating managers, COO & EVP, CEO & President and Advisory Board
● Track and measure performance relative to budgets, schedules, milestones, and performance targets, providing timely feedback to the key operating managers, COO & EVP, and CEO & President
● Develop and manage budget, periodic financial forecasts, short and long term financial projections, Company cash positions, current risks and probabilities
● Prepare timely financial report packages for review by the key operating managers, COO & EVP, CEO & President and Advisory Board
● Interact with Advisory Board as appropriate, on financial and business matters.
● Ensure compliance and accurate reporting with regard to all regulatory matters
● Perform operationally focused financial analysis and intelligence gathering to support strategic and business development initiatives
● Provide guidance and advice on proposed capital expenditures
● Recommend opportunities for profit improvement, productivity enhancement and cost reduction.
Finance, Accounting & Administrative Team Management and Development
● Contribute and continue to drive a culture of collaboration
● Become a go-to resource by continuing to develop and foster a strong team which is sought out and respected by the entire organization for the quality of information and insight provided
● Encourage innovative approaches to employee communications, continuous improvement, recognition, and celebration in order to attract, reward and retain the highest quality staff
Partnerships & Contracts
● Assist the COO & EVP and key operating managers in financial analysis and negotiation of partnerships, licensing and contracts
● Manage preparation, negotiation, review, and acceptance of all contractual documents
● Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
Legal & Risk Management
● Ensure the Company is in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and that internal agreements as well as client contracts and SLA’s are properly documented and followed
● Assume responsibility for Company’s risk management program, including identification of current or potential risks; devise strategies for minimizing Company exposure and cost
● Oversee and administer Company liability and casualty insurance policies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
● Certified Public Accountants preferred
● Distinctive finance and accounting experience of 5 years or more within diversified agricultural organizations
● Proven understanding of finance and accounting issues related to agricultural production (cash basis), winery and restaurant businesses highly desirable
● Extensive experience with Quickbooks required
● Experience using Targit Decision Suite sales analytics software highly desirable
● Prior experience implementing new accounting software systems and/or ERP required
Compensation and Benefits:
● Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).
Interested in this position? Please email your resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All communications will be kept completely confidential.