- 10 or more years of winemaking experience in a similar sized winery.
- Prior personnel management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture and Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field. Industry work experience will also be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledgeable of all cellar equipment and an understanding of proper use, maintenance, sanitation and repair.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Effective communication skills to manage the production team, interact and support other company departments and ensure strong relationships with custom crush clients.
- Microsoft Office experience. AMS fluency highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
WineTalent Classifieds: Winemaker in Mendocino, CA
WineTalent is working with our client, Redwood Valley Cellars, to find a Winemaker to manage the production and cellar team, and to serve as the leader of the winemaking team. This position oversees the wines from vineyard to bottle, as well as working with custom crush clients to produce quality wines for their wine programs. The Winemaker will be handling the overall management, direction and coordination of strategic planning for the family owned, 1.2 million case custom crush and storage facility. Additionally, the Winemaker will be handling all of the winemaking activities for the company’s estate grown, organically farmed, Barra of Mendocino and Girasole Vineyards brands. This position will interact closely with other departments to support the brand in the market, to represent the company at trade events, and to manage business relationships.
· Manage and direct production processes to maximize capacity and efficiency
· Adherence to safety, quality, regulatory compliance and the company’s vision.
· Assure effective communication among production staff including consulting winemakers and other staff as well as with other departments, managers and owners.
· Promote strong relationships with custom crush clients.
· Effectively and timely manage production issues and consistently reach satisfactory resolutions.
· Ability to troubleshoot and create new SOP’s to eliminate production problems, ensure safety and increase efficiency.
· Lead the Safety Management Committee
· Direct the winemaking team in daily execution of Work Orders including record keeping.
· Direct supervision of winemaking team and cellar crew.
· Hire, train and coach winemaking and cellar team, including harvest cellar crew.
· Work collaboratively with the Chief Operations Officer for the purchase and maintenance of production equipment and winemaking supplies.
· Responsible for compliance with local, county, state and federal agencies.
· Budget preparation and management of production to budget.
· Assistance with administrative tasks as needed to ensure a highly functioning operation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Compensation and Benefits:
· This is a full-time, salaried position.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. Please visit www.winetalent.net for contact information to email your resume to us.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job