Tuesday, September 3, 2019
WineTalent Classifieds: Director of Events and Hospitality
WineTalent is working with our client, Castello di Amorosa, on a Director of Events and Hospitality role. The Director will be responsible for bringing in events to this phenomenal property and managing the events to ensure all guests have a world-class experience at the Castle.
About Castello di Amorosa: The property is an amazing and unique event venue in Calistoga. The winery is an authentically-styled 13th century Tuscan castle winery. The winery was voted the Best Tasting Room in the US this year by USA Today. Events at the winery can be held for groups of 200 to 1000, ranging from social parties, corporate events, wine club get-togethers and industry meetings. The property is vibrant and sophisticated, creating limitless opportunities to create memorable events for guests.
About the Job: The Director of Events and Hospitality will be promoting the property as a premier venue for corporate and social events. This person will be handling new business development with hospitality professionals as well as planning and managing memorable events for guests. The Director will interact closely with industry contacts at a wide variety of businesses including destination management companies, caterers, corporate event planners, as well as resort and hotel event managers. The ideal candidate will have a strong network of meeting professionals and a keen understanding of the needs and desires of the luxury resort guest. The Director of Events and Hospitality will also work closely with primary guests to plan and execute world class events throughout the year. This role manages a team of event professionals and ensures that events are carried out to the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Requirements: A successful Director of Events and Hospitality will have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality, Tourism, Recreation, Business or a closely related discipline. Industry experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
· Proven track record in event sales and business development within the hospitality, resort or related industry.
· Excellent understanding of the Napa Valley and the venues for events in it.
· Highly tuned eye for luxury.
· Effortless ability to build rapport in person, on the telephone and through electronic communications.
· An ability to work with your team to create memorable and creative events for a wide range of guests.
· Commitment to creating a strong team work culture within your department to ensure events are carried out to the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Ability to represent the winery and its affiliated companies throughout the hospitality and wine industry to continuously promote and support the resort.
· Dedicated and professional work habits with a desire to build business and support a luxury brand in Napa Valley.
Compensation and Benefits:
· This is a full-time, salaried position.
· Competitive compensation depending on experience including performance bonus, medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job
To Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.