WineTalent is a wine industry executive search firm run by Amy Gardner in Northern California. WineTalent provides job search assistance to wineries and winery talent throughout California. This blog will cover topics of job hunting, wine industry career opportunities, and career advice
Thursday, November 7, 2019
WineTalent Classifieds: Hospitality Coordinator in Santa Barbara AVA
WineTalent is working with our Santa Barbara client to find a Hospitality Coordinator.
About the company: Our client is an estate winery dedicated to crafting wines of
the highest distinction. The winery focuses on discovery,
excellence and quality. They have the extraordinary opportunity
to produce world-class Cabernet-based wines in keeping with the
luxury wineries of Bordeaux and Napa Valley. We are
looking for a Hospitality Coordinator to join the Direct to
Consumer Team on a full-time basis, Tuesday thru Saturdays. A
critical aspect of the role is delivering an exceptional visitor
experience, world- class customer service and superlative wine
education to guests at the estate.
About the Job Responsibilities:
• Welcome and engage guests by demonstrating the highest degree of genuinely friendly customer service standards.
• Educates and schedules members and perspective customers who are calling to coordinate appointments for private tasting experiences.
• Perform all aspects of private tasting
- Provide members with a private tasting experience including tour and tasting, setup, restock wine, wipe down tables, bus and wash glasses, enter orders into POS system and fulfill onsite orders.
• Build long-lasting relationships with the Santa Barbara County wine community and wine industry, acting as a Brand Ambassador to promote the Estate.
• Understand POS program to process sales and shipping orders. Vin65 experience is a plus.
• Coordinate, support and attend winery offsite dinners and events. Some overnight travel required.
About the Requirements:
• Strong desire to provide superior customer service and cultivate client relationships.
• Strong attention to sales and administrative detail.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task numerous projects at one-time.
• Outgoing, sales-oriented, engaging and energetic personality.
• WSET Level 1, preferred.
• Exemplary interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to educate guests about wines in an engaging and relatable way.
• Experience and/or comfort with selling and promoting a luxury, premium priced wine
• Team player with enthusiastic outlook and creative mind.
• Sit at a desk for long periods of time and stand for long periods of time.
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.