Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Current Reading (or listening to books on tape)

I just found in my local library the book Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream by Barbara Ehrenreich. While it doesn't give the most flattering view of the white collar job world, it does give some interesting insight into the job search process, interviewing and the work world.

There are discussions about career coaches, counselors, networking and other related topics that you might find interesting, or even better, helpful.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This was a great book--I recommend it for anyone who is having a hard go of it in finding a new job. Although it is a bit grim, the advice and commentary can make you feel a bit better about your trials and tribulations in the job search.

Sean Rehder said...

Hey....listening counts as reading. :)

Sincerely,

"Hi. My Name is Sean, and I'm a Audioholic. We have coffee and donuts in the back. Welcome."