Wednesday, May 8, 2013
WineTalent Job Posting: Controller for St. Helena Winery
Job Title: Controller
Employment Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Job Location: St. Helena, CA
Job Description: WineTalent is conducting a search for a Controller for a Napa Valley winery.
Reporting to the President, the Controller will be responsible for the financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other general accounting functions for a winery group in the Napa Valley. This individual will interact closely with the President and other members of the management team, as well as outside auditors. The Controller will follow generally accepted accounting practices, adhering to the policies and procedures of each of the legal entities. The Controller will manage a team of unit accountants, providing service and support for all business entities.
· Preparation of monthly financials including handling the month end-close process.
o Post all required monthly journal entries, reconcile inventory in multiple locations, reconcile other balance sheet accounts as required, and perform overhead allocations.
o Report on any significant budget variances.
· Manage daily accounting tasks including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Bank reconciliations, daily banking tasks.
· Manage all accounting aspects of Human Resources for the winery including PTO tracking, EDD reporting, workers compensation management and policy development
· Running commission and bonus reports and providing data for payroll
· Monitor, track and report on all required external compliance including wine compliance, water system compliance, TOT reporting, sales tax returns, etc.
· Assist in providing information for the budgeting/reforecasting process and the cash forecasting process.
· Manage and be responsible for timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end closing cycles
· Preparation of financial reports for quarterly board meetings.
· Evaluate, recommend and implement policies, procedures and systems related to company efficiency, productivity and internal controls
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration. MBA desirable
· A minimum 5 years of industry experience in Finance and minimum 2 years’ experience at a Controller level or higher
· CPA Preferred
· Advanced MS Excel skills
· Extensive experience with QuickBooks required. Prior experience implementing new accounting software system required.
Application Process: Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.