The Accountant will be responsible for the financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other general accounting functions following generally accepted accounting practices, adhering to the policies and procedures of the winery.
- Hold accountability for the preparation of monthly financials including handling the month end-close process.
- Posting all required monthly journal entries, reconcile inventory in multiple locations, reconcile other balance sheet accounts as required, and perform overhead allocations.
- Reporting on any significant budget variances.
- Manage daily accounting tasks including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Bank reconciliations, daily banking tasks.
- Manage all accounting aspects of Human Resources for the winery including PTO tracking, EDD reporting, workers compensation management and policy development.
- Process and reconcile monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll tax payments and reports.
- Monitor, track and report on all required external compliance including wine compliance, water system compliance, TOT reporting, sales tax returns, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll processing and general ledger accounting practices.
- Winery specific accounting experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline. CPA preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Quickbooks required.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office including Powerpoint.