Wednesday, November 2, 2016
WineTalent Classifieds: Business Development Manager
WineTalent is working with our client, Laffort USA on a Business Development Manager to represent the Nobile products in North America.
Title: Business Development Manager
Position Description: The Business Development Manager will be responsible for representing the Nobile brand of oak adjuncts and other products in North America to new and existing winery clients. The Business Development Manager will work with an eye towards developing the brand and building business with new clients. The Business Development Manager will be building relationships with winery professionals throughout the market to showcase the company's offerings. Working with customers to craft programs specific to their production needs, this role requires a keen understanding of winemaking and production needs. The ideal candidate will be proactive in tasting specific wines and developing ideas of Nobile products that would match these styles. This role is a key contributor for the company and a Nobile brand builder in the market.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Identify potential customers and develop sales strategies for customers throughout North America. This will entail building business on the West Coast, expanding after business is established.
· Thorough understanding of the product offerings and production requirements to build customized oak adjunct programs for customers.
· Keen understanding of the adjunct market and an understanding of pricing strategies for customers of various production volumes.
· Ability to work with winemakers, cellar masters and production managers to provide Nobile product at sufficient levels, in a timely manner, with the proper enological characteristics while also providing technical support and training as needed.
· Contract negotiation with production staff, purchasing managers and finance professionals to create profitable sales for Nobile while also meeting the competitive pricing of the industry.
· Business development with a focus on the premium wine category with medium to large production wineries.
· Brand building strategy to increase market penetration of Nobile.
· Continuous follow-up with production staff to monitor programs and make recommendations or troubleshoot as needed.
· Thoughtful suggestions to customers on additional products that may benefit their winemaking program and create additional sales opportunities of Nobile products.
· Internal financial goal setting and tracking of sales performance against goals.
· Support of Laffort’s other product offerings and promoting additional products when needs arise.
· Routine input of sales calls, customer data and orders into the Laffort CRM system for reporting.
· Additional administrative duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture and Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemical or Process Engineering, Food Science or related. Relevant work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
· At least five years of work experience, ideally in the wine industry.
· Wine production background required.
· A proven sales acumen.
· Strong relationship development and maintenance skills.
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task. This is a self-managed role that requires a highly self-motivated individual for success.
· Ability to travel to customers as needed. Travel will also involve attendance at various industry trade shows and potentially may include international travel.
Interested in applying? Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.