WineTalent is working with our client, Long Meadow Ranch, to find a Culinary Farm Manager.
Long Meadow Ranch is a family owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. We produce award-winning wines, handcrafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Long Meadow Ranch (LMR) has a unique opportunity for a Culinary Farm Manager to manage the extensive organic and sustainable farming operations of Long Meadow Ranch, including fruits, vegetables, herbs and eggs. Reporting to the Director of Ag Operations, The Culinary Farm Manager will handle all purchasing of seeds and supplies and handle routine farm maintenance. This position is responsible for supply to wholesale, retail, farmer’s markets and the award-winning farm-to-table restaurant, Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Develop strong relationships and communications with the restaurant management.
• Coordinate annual fruit & vegetable supply plan with the restaurant farm-to-table
manager to meet the highest possible percentage of restaurant needs.
• Create an annual budget and production plan that is consistent with the supply plan and
will ensure they are properly implemented.
• Supervise and organize an efficient and productive greenhouse program.
• Oversee the monitoring of crops from planting till harvest, ensuring all cultural practices
are carried out on time.
• Supervise the management of farm production labor.
• Provide a constant supply of seasonal farm products to our restaurant.
• Harvest and stage product to farmer’s markets.
• Execute basic maintenance of farm equipment, irrigation, greenhouse, landscape and
• Oversee the pest management program; obtain and renew Private Applicator License.
• Maintain compliance with the Long Meadow Ranch Good Agricultural Practices Manual;
and renew self certification annually.
• Oversee recordkeeping of planting and production, including meeting all organic and
other certification requirements.
• Maintain a clean and effective farming environment that is visited by the public.
• Participate in occasional company consumer/trade events.
Qualifications and Requirements
• 5 years of organic farming experience.
• Proven experience in crop management, budgeting and forecasting.
• Ability to operate tractors and other farm equipment.
• Ability to perform a wide array of farming operations..
• Proven ability to manage and lead a team of workers.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills highly preferred.
• Proven experience in budget management.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong work ethic, organizational skills and integrity.
• Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Ability to work in various settings including outside and in inclement weather when
• Ability to lift 75+ pounds. The passage of a pre-employment physical is required.
• A pre-employment investigative consumer report is required.
Compensation and Benefits
• This is a full-time, salaried position.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including
medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).