WineTalent is working on an Event Sales Manager search with our confidential client in the Napa Valley. This position is selling and managing events for a luxurious destination resort in Napa’s beautiful wine country.
Job Description: The Event Sales Manager will be promoting the resort as a premier venue for corporate and social events. This person will be handling new business development with hospitality professionals as well as planning and managing memorable events for guests. The Event Sales Manager will interact closely with industry contacts at a wide variety of businesses including destination management companies, caterers, corporate event planners, as well as resort and hotel event managers. The ideal candidate will have a strong network of meeting professionals and a keen understanding of the needs and desires of the luxury resort guest. The Event Sales Manager will also work closely with primary guests to plan and execute world class events throughout the year. The Event Sales Manager manages a team of event professionals and ensures that events are carried out to the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Requirements: A successful Event Sales Manager will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality, Tourism, Recreation, Business or a closely related discipline. Industry experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
• Proven track record in event sales and business development within the hospitality, resort or related industry.
• Excellent understanding of the Napa Valley and the venues for events in it.
• Highly tuned eye for luxury.
• Effortless ability to build rapport in person, on the telephone and through electronic communications.
• An ability to work with your team to create memorable and creative events for a wide range of guests.
• Commitment to creating a strong team work culture within your department to ensure events are carried out to the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to represent the resort and its affiliated companies throughout the hospitality and wine industry to continuously promote and support the resort.
• Dedicated and professional work habits with a desire to build business and support a luxury brand in Napa Valley.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time salaried position
Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k)
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job.