Sunday, July 12, 2020
WineTalent Classifieds: Winery Office Manager in Napa Valley
WineTalent is working with our Napa Valley client to find a Winery Office Manager.
About the company: WineTalent’s client is a luxury estate winery producing highly sought-after wines from organically grown grapes. The winery has a rich history in the Napa Valley. Join the team in an important role that is integral to the success of the winery.
About the opportunity: WineTalent is seeking an Office Manager to manage the administrative aspects of the winery. This role will work directly with ownership and the General Manager in all aspects of business operations and administration to meet the demands of the company. The Office Manager manages the company’s accounting, human resources, compliance, inventory management and service agreements. This role will act as the primary point of contact for all service providers related to essential functions of the business.
· Establish SOP’s for purchase order and invoice receipt management.
· Assist third-party accounting group with AR management, including deposits.
· Direct and manage expense reporting, including SOP’s, systems, policy updates and company card management.
· Liaise with and manage third party IT consultants to ensure IT service agreement and scope of accountability is effectively executed.
· Manage all aspects of payroll, staying current on related state and federal labor laws.
· Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about the company’s ERP system and its operating protocols. Default resource for ERP updates, troubleshooting and training.
· Direct inventory management SOP’s and manage inventory movements, employee withdrawals and monthly reconciliation.
· Manage relationships with, and troubleshooting of, the company’s utilities.
· Collaborate with third party HR group and benefits brokers to assist in HR administration including:
· annual updates to the Company’s employee handbook
· employee file management
· employee on-boardings and separations
· census reporting
· benefits meeting coordination and benefits enrollment
· Liaise with third-party compliance group to ensure state and federal permits and licenses are renewed on a timely basis. Set-up and manage COLA submissions in house through the TTB on-line web portal.
· Manage office maintenance and janitorial services, office supplies and service contracts for copiers, scanners, printers and other communal administrative hardware.
· Responsible for timely and accurate processing of wholesale orders with an emphasis on customer service
· Provides support to the sales team.
· Manages general administrative needs of entire company, including office, and internal and external communications in support position of the General Manager.
· Administrative tasks as required.
What the Job Requires:
· BA or BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 5 plus years of experience in similar position
· Demonstrated business acumen and an innate understanding of wine production, hospitality, and customer service excellence
· Ability to participate as a team leader to deliver financial and strategic results and exceptional customer service standards
· Medium to advanced accounting skills
· High level of proficiency with MS Office, specially Excel, and QuickBooks, as well as POS and database applications
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
· Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills
· Must be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
· High degree of integrity and strong work ethic
· A valid CA driver’s license is required
WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment.