Long Meadow Ranch is a family owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. We produce award-winning wines, handcrafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Long Meadow Ranch has a unique opportunity for an Accountant to join our administration to provide quality customer service to our ranch management team, our business partners, our customers and our vendors. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Accounting Manager – Ranch will be responsible for the financial reporting and analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other general accounting functions for Long Meadow Ranch Partners LP. The Accounting Manager – Ranch will follow generally accepted accounting practices, adhering to the policies and procedures set forth by the company.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Hold accountability for the preparation of monthly financials including handling the month end-close process.
o Posting all required monthly journal entries, reconcile inventory in multiple locations, reconcile other balance sheet accounts as required, and perform overhead allocations.
o Reporting on any significant budget variances.
- Manage daily accounting tasks including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable,
Payroll, Bank reconciliations, daily banking tasks.
- Assist with all accounting aspects of Human Resources for the ranch including time card
and PTO tracking, EDD reporting, workers’ compensation management and policy
- Monitor, track and report on all required external compliance including sales tax,
property tax returns, CCOF certifications, etc.
- Develop and manage the budgeting/reforecasting process and the cash forecasting
- Manage and be responsible for timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end
- Evaluate, recommend and implement policies, procedures and systems related to
company efficiency, productivity and internal controls.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial analysis and/or general ledger accounting practices.
- Agriculture accounting experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting Software, QuickBooks preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office including PowerPoint.
- Sharp attention to detail with good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as operate independently.
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record.
- A pre-employment background check is required.
- Able to lift 40+ lbs.
- Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including
medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).