Thursday, March 2, 2017
WineTalent Classifieds: Consumer Sales Manager in St. Helena, CA
Consumer Sales Manager
WineTalent is working with our client, Long Meadow Ranch, on a Consumer Sales Manager role in St. Helena, CA.
Description: Long Meadow Ranch is a family owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. We produce award-winning wines, handcrafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Long Meadow Ranch has a unique opportunity for a Consumer Sales professional to take on a pivotal role with the company. The Consumer Sales Manager is responsible for managing the direct-to-consumer related sales activities for Long Meadow Ranch including wine club, e-commerce and telesales (outsourced). The Consumer Sales Manager will develop and execute strategies to increase sales in all direct-to-consumer channels across the business including forecasting and budget management while motivating the sales team to exceed goals.
● Manage consumer sales channels including wine club, telesales, and e-commerce.
● Manage customer databases including development of new strategies for targeted customer communications and club membership growth.
● Supervise order processing and warehouse fulfillment and resolution of customer service issues.
● Develop and manage consumer sales channel budget including forecasting and expense management to meet or exceed sales and membership acquisition goals.
● Deliver periodic reporting on sales performance and membership growth the management team.
● Provide training and mentorship to consumer sales teams including hospitality, wine club, telesales, e-commerce, customer service and seasonal employees to exceed goals.
● Develop and maintain SOP’s for Vin65 platform, order processing and fulfillment.
● Develop customer relationship management systems.
● Participate in all consumer facing seasonal brand and membership events.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Communications, Marketing, Business or related.
· 5 years of wine industry experience including tasting room, wine club and DTC sales.
· Proficiency and experience with Vin65 administrator tools, Google Drive, Excel, as well as current digital tools and related technology
· Sharp attention to detail with good oral and written communication skills.
· Proven track record of growing wine club memberships and DTC sales.
· Able to work in a team environment as well as operate independently.
· Highly professional in all interpersonal and customer communications.
· Creative problem solver with drive and dedication to succeed.
· Able to lift 40+ lbs.
· Valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
· A pre-employment background check is required.
Compensation and Benefits
· This is a full-time, salaried position. Incentives will be provided to foster goal achievement and increased revenues.
· Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).
Interested in this position? Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All communications will be kept strictly confidential.
Know someone who is a great Consumer Sales Manager? WineTalent offers a referral bonus for anyone referred that is hired through WineTalent. Let us know who you think is the right person for this job.