Monday, May 2, 2016
WineTalent Classifieds: Director of Finance
WineTalent Classifieds: Director of Finance
Description: WineTalent is working with our Client Long Meadow Ranch on a Director of Finance role. Long Meadow Ranch (LMR) is a family-owned and -operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible and that employs diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. LMR produces award-winning wines, hand-crafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef and lamb, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
LMR has farming operations in Northern California on more than 2500 acres in Napa, Marin, Mendocino, and Humboldt counties, including three winegrowing estates in the Mayacamas Mountains, Rutherford, and Anderson Valley. Long Meadow Ranch also operates a sustainable food, wine, and agricultural education destination located in St. Helena, CA, which is anchored by the distinctive farm-to-table restaurant, Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. New projects are being developed on multiple LMR-owned properties, including winery production facilities, agricultural improvements (major vineyard re-plantings, water systems, livestock handling facilities, etc.), and guest lodging
LMR has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Finance to contribute to the overall success of LMR by effectively managing the financial affairs of one of its key entities, LMR Wine Estates LLC. The Director of Finance will be a member of the executive team. The Director of Finance will be responsible for all financial reporting for LMR Wine Estates and will also be accountable for analyzing the current business and planning for future business needs.. The Director of Finance will provide high quality financial planning and analysis, including providing detailed financial modeling for established and potential projects.
The Director of Finance will lead the development and maintenance of control and management information reporting systems. This position requires excellent verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills and a commitment to integrity.
Financial accounting and reporting
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
• Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
• Prepare and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual cash flow forecasts
• Oversee the accounting manager including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
Payroll preparation and administration
• Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget
• Assist the executive team with the preparation of budgets
• Drive development and maintenance of a three-year forward-looking financial plan.
• Develop and maintain 24-month rolling forecasts of cash flow
• Manage line of credit and tactical relationship with banks
Project management accounting
• Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates timely management reporting
• Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with agreements with lenders and investors
• Provide accurate and timely reporting on the status of individual projects
• Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
• Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment policies,, occupation health and safety, etc)
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
• Certified Public Accountants preferred
• Distinctive finance and accounting experience of 5 years or more within diversified agricultural organizations
• Proven understanding of finance and accounting issues related to agricultural production (cash basis), winery and restaurant businesses highly desirable
• Extensive experience with Quickbooks required
• Experience using Targit Decision Suite sales analytics software highly desirable
• Prior experience implementing new accounting software systems and/or ERP required
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).