WineTalent is working with our client, Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards, on an Accountant role within the Napa Valley.
About the Company: Far Niente is a group of well-respected wineries and sustainably grown vineyards. The six wine brands have widespread distribution and a strong direct-to-consumer business.
About the Position: The Production Cost Accountant and Analyst will apply the principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing account reconciliations, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. The role provides accounting support in inventory, COGS reporting and analysis, account reconciliations, monthly close activities and end of year accounting resolution.
- Assists in month-end accounting close by performing accurate and timely completion of assigned financial close activities.
- Performs complex analysis functions, reviews sub-ledger transactions and posts entries to general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of more complex account reconciliation and analysis.
- Perform analysis and forecasts on project and operational production costs.
- Recommends and supports improvement opportunities and/or risks based on review and analysis of variances.
- Develop and report key metrics to senior management.
- Applies cost principles to analyze project costs and reconcile variances.
- Supports audit and regulatory requests, generates ad hoc analyses reports ensuring needed financial information is presented clearly, consistently, and on time.
- Assists with specialized and complex assignments.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or closely related discipline. Experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- Can-do attitude, with at least 5 years of closely related work experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience with NAV, Adaptive Planning and Vintrace strongly desirable.
- Experience in manufacturing (including but not limited to wine industry) accounting highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing, working with various levels throughout an organization.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and 401(k).
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Please email resume and all inquiries to email@example.com
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job