Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cranky Recruiter: Whoa Texas, Slow Down When Giving Me Your Number

I have my pen poised, my speakerphone on, and listening intently to your message. You are a perfectly skilled, well-liked and hardworking winery professional--all I need to do is call you back and you will be perfect for my client. And then you race through the 10 digits of your phone number. Luckily while you were leaving the message you also had a call coming in so part of it is cut off. Over and over I hit the #1 button to replay the message, only to get 8 of the 10 digits. So, forever I will be ruing the day I missed your call. But if you want me to call back, slow down, and, just for a lark, repeat your number. This is a good rule of thumb for all messages. I always leave my name and number, and then repeat. Kind of like hairwashing instructions, lather, rinse, repeat.

No comments: